Saving forgotten furniture...it's my passion!!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

How it started...

Well it's official! I have been toying with the idea of buying old furniture and loving it back to life all with the intent to turn around and sell it for a while now. I have always had a passion for painting things and old furniture is my most recent of loves.

What started my wheels turning you ask...well, I found an old dresser on the side of the road a few years back that a donation company would not even accept...that's how bad off it was. I happened to see the potential and asked the owners if I could take it off their hands. They happily obliged! That piece now adorns my home and the time, effort and sweat that was put in to it was WELL WORTH IT!! I love the piece and am so happy to call it mine!

From there...it was all down hill. If you've ever painted furniture you are well aware that it is not the easiest thing to do. It takes a lot of prep work and time. If you've done it once and have the actual desire to do it again...you are in a good place. That's how it started for me...I finished 2 projects and was left longing for more!

So here's to living the dream ~Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment