Saving forgotten furniture...it's my passion!!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Kitchen Table and Chairs...SOLD

This piece has been completely transformed! When I got it, it had certainly seen better days and those better days needed to be brought back to life which is what I've done!

I started by stripping the original stain off the surface of the table and re-staining it in an Old English color giving it a deep rich finish and then applied 2 coats of polyurethane for a very durable and smooth finish. Then I sanded the base of the table and chairs and repainted them using a paint sprayer for an even "no brush stroke" finish in a beautiful tan color so as to give it a very neutral feel. After that I recovered the four chairs in a fun fabric with a bold green and black print. And finally, I gave it a light distressed treatment to give it a shabby chic, country type feel!

This table and chairs would look great in your eat-in kitchen, beautiful dining room, game room, craft room, toy room or wherever you have need.

The table is round in shape and measures 45 in. across and stands 30 in. tall. The chairs are 45 in. tall x 18.5 in. deep x 21 in. wide.

Happy eating ~Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment