Saving forgotten furniture...it's my passion!!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Night Stand or Side Table...SOLD

If you had seen this piece before I got my hands on it, you probably wouldn't have looked twice. It was nothing special and its top coat was coming off so badly it looked like it was headed for the trash. Glad I can see a diamond in the rough because she turned out beautifully!

To create this gorgeous look, I stripped the top coat and dated stain and re-stained it in an Old English color to give it a rich feel. Then I added a coat of polyurethane to make it durable. After that I sanded the bottom portion and drawers and painted them a light grey. I reattached the original hardware and distressed it for a shabby chic, country feel.

They sure don't make furniture like they used to which is why I love to salvage older pieces. This one features dove tail drawers and has a long life left in it yet! You could use it for a night stand or a side table for your sofa or favorite chair. It measures 23 in. tall x 15 in. deep x 24 in. long.

Thanks for looking ~Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment