Saving forgotten furniture...it's my passion!!

Thursday, April 10, 2014

5 Piece Basic-Witz Bedroom Set...SOLD

What an amazing set of bedroom furniture I have from the Basic Witz Company that specialized in bedroom and dining room furniture nearly 50 years ago. {Have I mentioned that I love old furniture?!} It is so solid and sturdy featuring dove tail joints and all the quality one would hope for in purchasing a piece of furniture, not to mention 5 pieces!!

I am slightly obsessed with white furniture...first of all because of how clean it looks but also because it is timeless. Even as styles change you can switch things such as paint color, bedding, etc...and the white furniture will always fit in.

I have sanded all of the pieces, primed them for a good base, painted them in several coats with Valspar's Bedroom White, distressed them for a charming shabby chic look, sanded them again for a super smooth finish, added wax to all the pieces and applied a coat of Polycrylic to the top of the dresser and nightstands for durability. They turned out amazing!!

The set includes a long six drawer dresser that measures 73.5 in. long x 32 in. tall x 18.75 in. deep with 6 of the drawers sitting 17.25 in. long x 13.25 in. deep and sink 6 in. and 3 that sit 20.5 in. wide x 12.5 in. deep and sink 5.5 in., a mirror measuring 55 in. tall x 29 in. wide x 2 in. deep and can be attached to a wall or has 2 metal rails that can attach it to the dresser, 2 nightstands that are 26.5 in. wide x 24 in. tall x 16.5 in. deep featuring 2 drawers each that are 17 in. wide x 12.5 in. deep and sink 6 in., and a full/queen headboard that stands 61 in. wide x 59 in. tall x 3 in. deep. So happy to see the finished product!!

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek...I hope you are having a wonderful day ~Kell








2 comments:

  1. Hi I was wondering how much this set sold for? I am currently re finishing a similar set by basic witz. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just bought a basic Witz set almost identical to this one and I want to make it black either by staining or painting I really prefer to paint. My husband isn't sure about painting such a large piece with such detail though. I thought a paint sprayed would make the job easier. Any thoughts? How did you tackle these pieces? Did you use a sprayer?

    ReplyDelete