Saving forgotten furniture...it's my passion!!

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Mid-Century Modern Bedroom Set...SOLD

This set is amazing! I have done a lot of pieces in my time and they have all been great pieces, but I have never done a set that is as old as this one and in such great shape. It is flawless! When I saw the lines of this Solid Elm Wood LA Period Furniture set I knew I wanted to paint it gray and also thought it would be fun to paint the bottom 3 inches of the legs gold to match the original hardware. I think it looks AMAZING!!! Timeless and classic...

This set includes:

A Tallboy that is a size I have never seen before. I love that it is almost as wide as it is tall...so unique which is another one of its many great qualities. With 12 drawers you will not lack in the storage department! All of which are tapered sliding dovetailed which goes to show you the quality of the set. It stands 52in. wide x 18in. deep x 45in. tall. with 12 drawers; 6 that measure 14.25in. wide x 13.75in. deep and sink 4in. and 6 that measure 22.25in. wide x 14.75in. deep and sink 4.5in.

A long dresser that is 59.5in. wide x 17.5in. deep x 31in. tall with 9 drawers; 3 that measure 14.5in. wide x 14.75in. deep and sink 4.75 in. and 6 that are 17.5in. wide x 14.75in. deep and sink 4.75in. {one drawer houses a removable divider and another a removable jewelry tray}

Two nightstands each 22in. wide x 16.75in. deep x 22.25in. tall each with a drawer that is 18in. wide x 14in. deep and sinks 3.25in.

and A mirror that sits 47in. wide x 35.5in. tall x 1.5in. deep {Not Pictured}

As with all of my pieces, It has been sanded, de-glossed, primed, painted a beautiful shade of gray called Mark Twain House Ombra {by Vlaspar}, sanded again for that smooth finish I love so much, and waxed for durability.

It will be the perfect fit to any room. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend ~Kell











No comments:

Post a Comment