Saving forgotten furniture...it's my passion!!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Antique Vaughn-Bassett Dresser Set...SOLD

Oh my word, could these be any cuter?!? When I first laid eyes on this set all I could think about was how cute they would be in a baby’s nursery! Of course, they would be cute anywhere...but my mind was dreaming up colors and it just kept saying pink. I even found the most adorable drawer liner with colorful polka dots to finish it off...I am thrilled with how they turned out!

These babies are OLD...early 1900's to be exact. They were made by the Vaughn-Bassett furniture company {commonly known today as Bassett Furniture} so when I say they were built to last you know I mean business. They are solid wood with dove tail jointing and come complete with brand new wood drawer bottoms because the others had seen better days as well as new knobs because the original wood ones were not working properly and had to be thrown out. They have been sanded, primed because old stain loves to bleed through, painted with several coats for durability, distressed to give the appearance of their real age, sanded again for a smooth finish and coated with wax for protection.

The tallboy stands 50in. tall x 30in. wide x 17.5in. deep and features 5 drawers that measure 24in. wide x 12.25in. deep with 1 that sinks 3in., 2 that sink 5in., and 2 that sink 6in.

The dresser is 35in. tall x 40in. wide x 19.25in. deep. Its top 2 drawers measure 16in. wide x 14.25in. deep and sink 4in. while the bottom 2 sit 33.75in. wide x 14.25in. deep and sink 7in. The mirror that adorns it {and is removable} is 37in. at its widest point, stands 32.5in. tall and is 1.5in. deep.

I am willing to seperate the set. Each dresser will cost $275 or $499 for them both!

Thanks for dropping in ~Kell












No comments:

Post a Comment