Saving forgotten furniture...it's my passion!!

Friday, April 4, 2014

Amazing 9 Drawer Dresser...SOLD

I know, I know...I say it all too often, but I LOVE OLD FURNITURE!! And I sound like a broken record when I say that they just don't make furniture the way they used to. Well, it's because they don't! Unless your willing to pay an arm and a leg for it, which I folks, am not. That is why I love what I do ♥ I mean, really LOVE what I do. I love finding the perfect piece that needs a revival. I love dreaming about what color I should finish it in allowing me to dream about who will buy it and what room it will fit perfectly into in their home. I love stripping off old finishes, sanding, filling, fixing, painting, waxing, etc...I love to ditress pieces even though I do not do it to them all. I love posting my furniture and waiting for the one right buyer. It is all a process...and I love it! Which I must say is a testimony in patience for me because it does not all happen overnight. Sure, I could not sand my pieces and I could use spray paint making my experience with each a lot quicker. But if you know anything about me, you know that I pay attention to detail. I don't want to do things the fast way. I want to do them my way {insert giggle}

My latest dresser has me all too excited. I am the biggest fan of gray and the hue that this one puts off is dreamy! I am also a fan of the minor distressing on its edges adding to its finish. Since you've made it this far, you already know the process of how I got to this end result so I'll skip the nitty gritty and get right to the measurements. This beautiful solid wood {HEAVY} dresser stands 31.5 in. tall x 72 in. long x 20 in. deep. The three middle drawers are 34 in. w x 15.5 in. deep. Two of them sink 6.25 in. while the other sinks 7in. The fun detailed doors hide 3 more drawers each that are 14.25 in. w x 13.5 d. Again, 4 sink 6.25in. While the last 2 sink 7 in. This piece is amazing! It is solid wood with dovetail joints on all the drawers and is built to last a lifetime!

I had to remove all the hardware to paint it and realized in the process that one of the knobs was different so I replaced the top drawer’s knobs with glass ones that make it so elegant. I really do love how it turned out and hope that you do too!

Happy Friday, all ~Kell






No comments:

Post a Comment