Saving forgotten furniture...it's my passion!!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Beautiful Robin's Egg Blue Crib & Mattress...SOLD

This piece was just fun! I have never done a crib before and was super excited at the chance to. Who wouldn't be thrilled at painting something that will adorn the nursery of a sweet new baby!! I decided to paint this piece blue. If you are like me, when you think of blue you think of a boy. Well, that is far from the case with this color. Of course, it can be used for a boy and would look awesome in a room decorated with airplanes, cars, and what have you, but this color also goes so well with pink and coral that it would look absolutely stunning in a nursery for a little girl as well.

It is in great condition so I sanded it, primed it, painted it with 2 coats for durability, sanded it again so it would be smooth for your little one, waxed it to protect the paint, and added a coat of Polycrylic to the front rail incase your toddler decides to take its teething out on it :) The price also inclueds a mattress that is in great shape. The sticker fell off and it has been in my garage, hence the dark spot. But it is a good mattress!

I hope your week has started off well! Thanks for dropping by ~Kell

Before {White}










After {Beautiful Robin's Egg Blue / Aqua}



No comments:

Post a Comment