Saving forgotten furniture...it's my passion!!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Beautiful Lexington Armoire...SOLD

What a stunning armoire that could not have more finishing detail on it if it tried. I absolutely love the crown molding it possesses as well as the spiral and ball molding on the top and doors. When deciding what color to paint it, I took those details into account. I knew it needed a delicate color and that is how I landed on the beautiful Robin’s Egg Blue shade that adorns it. This color is very popular and pairs with others quite well. I have to say that the pictures do not do the color justice...I think I am learning not to take pictures of furniture in front of windows for that reason alone!

This piece, like all my others, has been sanded, primed in all the right places, painted with 4 coats for added durability, sanded again, waxed for protection and had all its original hardware added back on. As you can tell from the first picture it originally had a backer board that had a large hole in it for a TV. I took that cheap piece out and replaced it with a piece of bead board adding to its beautiful finishing details.

This solid wood piece measures 66.75 in. tall x 22 in. deep x 42 in. long. Behind its beautiful doors you will find a cubby with has 2 removable shelves for your customized organizational needs as well as 2 drawers. The cubby itself measures 33 in. tall x 17.5 in. deep x 33.5 in. long. The drawers measure 12.5 in. long x 13 in. deep and sink 4.25 in. The bottom 2 drawers feature dove tail joints and sit 32 in. long x 14.5 in. deep and sink 5.25 in. each.

I can envision this piece in many place; a nursery for all your baby trinkets and clothes, an office to hide away your crafting supplies and what have you, a closet for your personal belongings, decor in a front room, a kitchen or dining room to house dishes and gadgets, a bathroom for towels and such. It is so functional that you could use it just about anywhere!

Thanks for dropping by ~Kell





1 comment: